Roll over image to zoom in
Moisture is generally present in warm air, but insulation's effectiveness is often compromised by dampness. Using a vapor barrier between insulation and the warmer, more moist side of the insulation helps to maintain the insulation's performance. Tu-Tuf is an excellent quality cross-laminated virgin poly sheeting, made from high-density resins. It is strong and durable, with a 4-mil thickness. On above-ground levels, Tu-Tuf should be placed completely around the structure, including walls and ceiling, resulting in zero wind chill infiltration. Below grade, Tu-Tuf should be installed around the outside perimeter from the base to the ground level, and laid under the concrete flooring, eliminating moisture migration. Tu-Tuf #4 is white with a smooth texture.
Recomendations Tu-Tuff #4 is generally recommended for use under concrete slabs. Why?
- #4's material is more rigid than the #XF. Because it is a stiffer, harder product, it does a better job in this type of application.
- Foundation-Layers like it because it's tougher for walking & tracking on. It's white color makes it easy to see.
- In General - Tu-Tuff should be run completely around your structure, including walls & ceiling. The two types (XF & #4) have almost identical vapor barrier properties.
- Interior Walls - Tu-Tuff is generally to be placed over the warmer, more moist side of your insulation material (usually between interior insulation & interior walls). Foundations & Slabs - Wrap Tu-Tuff around your outside perimeter from base to ground level. Place Tu-Tuff under concrete flooring.
- FOR MORE THAN ONE UNIT PLEASE CALL US AT 1-888-405-6064
- Vapor Permeance: 0.00741
- Water Resistance: 100 dry indicator/hour
- Tensile Strength: 8507 psi, 34 lbs. per inch width
- Puncture Resistance: 275.8 beach units (6 times more puncture resistant than 3-mil poly)
- Manufacturer: Sto-Cote Products