Roll over image to zoom in
The MS4620 is a 175 lb-in (20Nm), spring return direct-coupled, 230 Vac actuator that accepts two position (SPST) control with an integral junction box. The actuator accepts an on/off signal from a single-pole, single-throw (SPST) controller. They are designed to operate reliably in smoke control systems requiring Underwriter's Laboratories Inc. UL555S ratings up to 350 F.
- 175 lb-in. (20 Nm) minimum driving torque at 350F (176C).
- Integral stainless steel spring return ensures level of return torque.
- Reversible mounting allows actuator to be used for either clockwise (cw) or counterclockwise (ccw) spring rotation.
- Fifteen-second spring return timing.
- No special cycling required during long-term holding.
- No audible noise during holding.
- Patented design eliminates need for limit switches and reduces power consumption.
- Models available with integral high temperature (350 F) SPST position-indicating switches ( <7 degrees="" 85="">7>
- High temperature Teflon_ lead wires.
- Ninety-five degree angle of rotation for tight damper closure.
- Actuator holds rated torque at reduced power level.
- Die-cast aluminum housing. Housing design allows flush mounting to damper.
- High-temperature indicator included.
- Self-centering shaft adapter (SCSA), patented.
|Description||Fast Acting, Spring Return Actuator (Smoke and Fire Applications)|
|Application Type||Fire and Smoke|
|Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||175 lb-in.|
|Torque/Force (Nm, N)||20 Nm|
|Fail Safe Mode||Spring Return|
|Control Signal||Two position|
|Supply Voltage||230 Vac ¹10%|
|Number of Internal Auxiliary Switch||0|
|External Auxiliary Switches Available||No|
|Shaft Adapter Type||Self-centering clamping|
|Manual operation||Manual crank|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||175 lb-in.|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (Nm, N)||20 Nm|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||425 lb-in.|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (Nm, N)||48 Nm|
|Minimum Driving Torque at 350 F (lb-in.)||175 lb-in.|
|Rotational Stroke||95 ¹3 degrees|
|Spring Return Direction||By orientation|
|Timing, Maximum Spring Return (sec)||15 sec|
|Timing, Nominal Driving @ 60 Hz (sec)||15 sec|
|Dimensions (in.)||10.67 in high x 3.94 in wide x 2.95 in deep|
|Dimensions (mm)||271 mm high x 100 mm wide x 75 mm deep|
|Weight (lb)||8 lb|
|Weight (kg)||3.63 kg|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (in.)||3/8 to 1.06 in. round or 3/8 to 11/16 in. square|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (mm)||10 to 27 mm round or 10 to 18 mm square|
|Power Consumption (Driving)||0.20A, 35W|
|Power Consumption (Holding)||0.14A, 10W|
|Electrical Connection Length (in.)||40 in.|
|Electrical Connection Length (m)||1 m|
|Electrical Connections||Teflon-jacketed cable|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (F)||-40 F to +130 F|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (C)||-40 C to +55 C|
|Temperature Range, Storage (F)||-40 F to +140 F|
|Temperature Range, Storage (C)||-40 C to +60 C|
|Operating Humidity Range (% RH)||5 to 95% RH, non-condensing|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Driving (dB(A) @ 1m)||70|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Holding (dB(A) @ 1m)||20 (no audible noise)|
|Ingress Protection Rating||IP54|
|Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc||UL873, Plenum Rated|
|Approvals, Canadian Underwriters Laboratories||cUL C22.2 No. 24-93|
|Approvals, CE||89/336/ECC, 73/23/EEC|
|Includes||Self-centering shaft adapter, 3mm crank|
|Comments||Two integral 3/8 in. flexible conduit connections|
|Minimum Driving Torque at 175 C (Nm)||20 Nm|
|Minimum Driving Torque at 350 F (Nm)||20 Nm|