Roll over image to zoom in
The MS4120A is a 175 lb-in (20Nm), spring return direct-coupled, line voltage actuator that accepts two position (SPST) control for use within heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. They can drive a variety of quarter-turn, final control elements requiring spring return fail-safe operation.
- Brushless DC submotor with electronic stall protection for floating/modulating models.
- Brush DC submotor with electronic stall protection for 2-position models.
- Self-centering shaft adapter (shaft coupling) for wide range of shaft sizes.
- Models available for use with two-position, single pole single throw (spst), line- (Series 40) or low- (Series 80) voltage controls.
- Models available for use with floating or switched single-pole, double-throw (spdt) (Series 60) controls.
- Models available for use with proportional current or voltage (Series 70) controls.
- Models available with combined floating/modulating control in a single device.
- Models available with adjustable zero and span.
- Models available with line-voltage internal end switches.
- Models available with three-foot, 18 AWG color-coded cable.
- Access cover to facilitate connectivity.
- Metal housing with built-in mechanical end limits.
- Spring return direction field-selectable.
- Shaft position indicator and scale.
- Manual winding capability with locking function.
- UL (cUL) listed and CE compliant.
- All models are plenum-rated per UL873.
|Description||Direct Coupled, General Purpose, Spring Return Actuator|
|Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||175 lb-in.|
|Torque/Force (Nm, N)||20 Nm|
|Fail Safe Mode||Spring Return|
|Control Signal||Two position|
|Supply Voltage||100 to 250 Vac|
|Number of Internal Auxiliary Switch||2|
|Switch Ratings||250 Vac, 5 A res|
|External Auxiliary Switches Available||Yes, SW2-US|
|Shaft Adapter Type||Self-centering clamping|
|Manual operation||Manual crank|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||175 lb-in.|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (Nm, N)||20 Nm|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||350 lb-in.|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (Nm, N)||39.6 Nm|
|Rotational Stroke||95 ¹3 degrees|
|Rotational Stroke Adjustment||Mechanically limited 5 degree increments|
|Spring Return Direction||By orientation|
|Timing, Maximum Spring Return (sec)||20 sec|
|Timing, Nominal Driving @ 60 Hz (sec)||45 sec|
|Dimensions (in.)||9.72 in high x 3.94 in wide x 2.95 in deep|
|Dimensions (mm)||247 mm high x 100 mm wide x 75 mm deep|
|Weight (lb)||7.4 lb|
|Weight (kg)||3.36 kg|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (in.)||3/8 to 1.06 in. round or 3/8 to 11/16 in. square|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (mm)||10 to 27 mm round or 10 to 18 mm square|
|Materials||Aluminum housing, Plenum rated plastic access cover|
|Power Consumption (Driving)||60 VA|
|Power Consumption (Holding)||13 VA|
|Electrical Connections||Enclosed screw terminal strip (22 to 14 AWG)|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (F)||-40 F to +140 F|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (C)||-40 C to +60 C|
|Temperature Range, Storage (F)||-40 F to +158 F|
|Temperature Range, Storage (C)||-40 C to +70 C|
|Operating Humidity Range (% RH)||5 to 95% RH, non-condensing|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Driving (dB(A) @ 1m)||40|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Holding (dB(A) @ 1m)||20 (no audible noise)|
|Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc||UL873, Plenum Rated|
|Approvals, Canadian Underwriters Laboratories||cUL C22.2 No. 24-93|
|Approvals, CE||89/336/ECC, 73/23/EEC|
|Includes||Mounting bracket, self-centering shaft adapter, 3mm crank|
|Comments||Integral 1/2 in. NPSM conduit connection.|