Roll over image to zoom in
The MS4105 is a 44 lb-in (5Nm), spring return direct-coupled, line voltage actuator that accepts two position (SPST) control for use within heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. They can drive a variety of quarter-turn, final control elements requiring spring return fail-safe operation.
- Brushless DC submotor with electronic stall protection for floating/modulating models.
- Brush DC submotor with electronic stall protection for 2-position models.
- Self-centering shaft adapter (shaft coupling) for wide range of shaft sizes.
- Models available for use with two-position, single pole single throw (spst), line- (Series 40) or low- (Series 80) voltage controls.
- Models available for use with floating or switched single-pole, double-throw (spdt) (Series 60) controls.
- Models available for use with proportional current or voltage (Series 70) controls.
- Models available with combined floating/modulating control in a single device.
- Models available with three-foot, 18 AWG color-coded cable.
- Access cover to facilitate connectivity.
- Metal housing with built-in mechanical end limits.
- Spring return direction field-selectable.
- Shaft position indicator and scale.
- Manual winding capability with locking function.
- UL (cUL) listed and CE compliant.
- All models are plenum-rated per UL873.
|Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||44 lb-in.|
|Torque/Force (Nm, N)||5 Nm|
|Fail Safe Mode||Spring Return|
|Control Signal||Two position|
|Supply Voltage||100 to 250 Vac|
|Number of Internal Auxiliary Switch||0|
|External Auxiliary Switches Available||No|
|Shaft Adapter Type||Self-centering clamping|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||44 lb-in.|
|Spring Return Torque/Force (Nm, N)||5 Nm|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (lb-in., lbf)||105 lb-in.|
|Maximum Stall Torque/Force (Nm, N)||12 Nm|
|Rotational Stroke||95 ¹3 degrees|
|Rotational Stroke Adjustment||Mechanically limited 5 degree increments|
|Rotation to Open||By switch|
|Spring Return Direction||By orientation|
|Timing, Maximum Spring Return (sec)||25 sec|
|Timing, Nominal Driving @ 60 Hz (sec)||45 sec|
|Dimensions (in.)||6 81/54 high x 3 55/84 wide x 3 5/32 deep|
|Dimensions (mm)||177 mm high x 98 mm wide x 80 deep|
|Weight (lb)||3.5 lb|
|Weight (kg)||1.6 kg|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (in.)||3/8 to 5/8 in. round or 1/4 to 1/2 in. square|
|Compatible Damper Shafts (mm)||9 to 16 mm round or 6 to 13 mm square|
|Materials||Plenum rated plastic housing|
|Power Consumption (Driving)||6/9 VA|
|Electrical Connections||Enclosed screw terminal strip (22 to 14 AWG)|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (F)||.-22 F to +149F|
|Temperature Range, Ambient (C)||.-30 C to +65 C|
|Temperature Range, Storage (F)||.-40 F to +150F|
|Temperature Range, Storage (C)||.-40 C to +65 C|
|Temperature Ratings (Shipping)(F)||.-40 F to +150F|
|Temperature Ratings (Shipping)(C)||.-40 C to +65 C|
|Operating Humidity Range (% RH)||5 to 95% RH, non-condensing|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Driving (dB(A) @ 1m)||50|
|Maximum Noise Rating, Holding (dB(A) @ 1m)||20 (no audible noise)|
|Ingress Protection Rating||IP54|
|Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc||UL 873|
|Approvals, Canadian Underwriters Laboratories||cUL C22.2 No. 24-93|
|Approvals, CE||EMC 2004/108/EC; Certification Low Voltage Directive|
2006/95/EC; IEC 60730-1 and Part 2-14
|Includes||Mounting bracket, self-centering shaft adapter|