Grace Vycor Deck Protector® 4" x 75' is sold as a case of 18 units.
Moisture control is the first step to rot prevention.
Even with today's treated and high-tech decking products - which look great and last and last - preventing joist rot and decay, as a result of water accumulation under the decking boards, remains a major problem.
According to recent statistics, one out of five decks being remodeled or replaced exhibits a failure of the supportive joists or stringers. Grace Vycor Deck Protector is a unique solution. When applied to the top of deck joists, Grace Vycor Deck Protector creates an impervious barrier against water and moisture penetration in deck structures. It's a fast, effective, inexpensive way to significantly extend the life of your decks.
Why Grace Vycor Deck Protector® 4" x 75' is the product of choice for professional deck builders?
- It improves the quality of your work without adding complexity or costs to the installation - a fast, effective, inexpensive way to construct a durable deck for a fraction of the deck price.
- It extends the useful life of wooden and composite decks by preventing infiltration of moisture and water, the key factors which lead to mold growth.
- It dramatically reduces costly call-backs for repairs.
- It's an easy add-on to your deck projects.
The Grace Vycor Deck Protector® 4" x 75' - Solution to Corrosion
- The first product uniquely formulated and tested to help provide corrosion protection to galvanized metal connectors.
- Helps decrease the corrosion rates of galvanized connectors to the historically acceptable levels seen with CCA.
- Helps reduce the corrosion rates of the galvanized nails attaching the connectors.
- The only barrier solution evaluated by Simpson Strong-Tie® – the leader in the metal connectors industry.
How Does Grace Vycor Deck Protector Work?
Grace Vycor Deck Protector is the first uniquely formulated solution to help reduce corrosion of galvanized metal connectors. It is installed between the connector and the pressure-treated wood and acts as a barrier layer to break the electric circuit and thus helps reduce corrosion.
Grace Vycor Deck Protector also helps reduce the corrosion rate of galvanized nails that attach the connectors to the treated wood, by separating them from the corrosion influence of the large connector (i.e. joist hanger). The corrosion rates of these fasteners may not be at the level seen with CCA wood.
Use hot-dip galvanized (HDG) fasteners per ASTM A153 when attaching galvanized metal connectors. HDG fasteners optimize structural and corrosion performance in these applications.
Use fasteners per the manufacturer’s recommendation when attaching the surface decking boards to the supporting joists.
Grace Vycor Deck Protector reduces the corrosion rates of galvanized connectors in contact with the new pressuretreated wood back to the historical level of CCA wood.
|Product Thickness||0.64 mm (25 mil)|
|Color||Black - Gray|
|Recommended Exposure Limit||30 days|
|Roll Width||100 mm (4 in.)|
|Roll Length||22.9 m (75 ft)|
|Roll Size||2.32 m2 (25 ft2)|
|Rolls per Carton||18|