This product is sold as a pallet of 35 units.
Grace Ice & Water Shield® self-adhered roofing underlayment is a premier membrane composed of two waterproofing materials—an aggressive rubberized asphalt adhesive backed by a layer of slip resistant coated high density cross laminated polyethylene film. The rubberized asphalt surface is backed with a foldless release paper that protects its adhesive quality. During application, the release paper is easily removed, allowing the rubberized asphalt to bond tightly to the roof deck. The Ripcord® embedded in the adhesive provides the applicator a “split release on demand” feature.
Grace Ice & Water Shield® is a versatile underlayment material that may be used on sloped roofs, under mechanically attached roof coverings such as asphalt shingles, slate, tile, cedar, and standing seam metal in many climate and assembly conditions (see limitations for additional information).
Features & Benefits:
- Seals around fasteners — The rubberized asphalt layer in Grace Ice & Water Shield® membrane seals around fasteners, resisting leakage caused by water back-up behind ice dams, or from winddriven rain.
- Superior Adhesion to the Deck — The self-adhesive membrane bonds firmly to the roof deck without need for heat or special adhesives.
- Watertight Laps — Membrane easily forms water-tight overlaps without special treatment.
- Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings — Grace Ice & Water Shield® roofing underlayment protects under slate, tile, cedar shakes or metal, as well as under conventional asphalt shingles.
- Proven track record — Grace Ice & Water Shield® roofing underlayment is the name brand in roofing underlayments with a track record of more than 35 years protecting roofs from ice dams and wind-driven rain.
- Ripcord — Split Release on demand feature makes Grace Ice & Water Shield® underlayment easier to apply. Faster application of the membrane in the straight-aways, as well as ease of membrane positioning in detail areas (valleys, around dormers, etc.).
- Slip resistant surface — Grace Ice & Water Shield® self-adhered membrane has a slip resistant embossed surface to maximize traction and safety for applicators.
- Reroofable — Unlike granular surfaced membranes, Grace Ice & Water Shield® smooth surface underlayment will not adhere to the underside of the exposed roof covering. Grace Ice & Water Shield® membrane can be applied over the old GCP self-adhered underlayment in retrofit applications, making re-roofing easier, less costly (since there is no need to remove the existing underlayment), more durable and environmentally friendly (as the structural deck remains intact avoiding the need to purchase additional wood decking).
- Membrane will not crack, dry out or rot — Grace Ice & Water Shield® roofing underlayment resists attacks from fungus and bacteria; maintains its integrity for long lasting protection.
- Local technical support — Grace Ice & Water Shield® roofing underlayment is backed by local technical support personnel that help ensure every application goes smoothly
Roof it Right the First Time
Storms are common. And they can be destructive. Roofing underlayments are the last layer of protection from the costly damage of severe weather.
*Annual Severe Weather Report Summary, 2014. 2014 Hurricane Season in Review. Eight Things We'll Remember, By Nick Heiligen. FEMA. Disaster Declarations for 2014. **$110,000,000,000 - Total cost property damage, 2014 Data According to a report released by reinsurer Munich Re ***2015 Cost vs Value Report, Remodeling.net
Guidelines for Use:
Grace Ice & Water Shield® roofing membrane is used as an underlayment for sloped roofs to resist water penetration due to water back-up behind ice dams or wind-driven rain. Grace Ice & Water Shield® underlayment also offers leak protection in trouble prone spots like valleys, skylights, protrusions and other flashing areas.
|Thickness, membrane||40 mil (1.02 mm)||ASTM D3767 method A|
|Tensile strength, membrane||250 psi (1720 kN/m sq.)||ASTM D412 (Die C modified)|
|Elongation, membrane||250%||ASTM D412 (Die C modified)|
|Low temperature flexibility||Unaffected @ -20°F (-29°C)||ASTM D1970|
|Adhesion to plywood||3.0 lbs/in. width (525 N/m)||ASTM D903|
|Permeance (max)||0.05 Perms (2.9 ng/m sq./s Pa)||ASTM E96|
|Material weight installed (max)||0.3 lb/ft2 (1.3 kg/m sq.)||ASTM D461|