Conformally Coated, Non-Incendive, All Fuel Scanner with 3/4" Purge Hole and Military Connector DE701-007C and DE601- 104G
The C9707A All Fuel Scanner is used with the FIREYE R9107A Flame Controller to provide continuous monitoring of burner flames in industrial and utility boilers and furnaces. The Scanner views the burner flame through a one inch inside diameter straight sight pipe. The C9707A uses a UV sensor that responds to radiation in the range of 185 to 265 nanometers and an IR sensor that responds to radiation in the range of 500 to 1,000 nanometers, making it suitable for monitoring the flames of natural gas, no. 2 oil, no. 6 oil, pulverized coal and bark. The C9707A is a versatile flame scanner that is capable of sensing flames from a variety of burning fuels, eliminating the limitations of standard scanners that are more fuel specific.
The C9707A Flame Scanner consists of sensors, a quartz window, electronic circuitry for generating an output signal, and a self-checking feature for verifying that the scanner will respond to the absence of a flame.
The scanner chassis is mounted in a weatherproof cast aluminum enclosure made up of a base and a cover assembly. The base casting and cover casting fit together and are secured with spring-loaded, half-turn fasteners. The base casting has a 1 inch NPT (National Pipe Thread) tapping for mounting onto a threaded sight pipe. The base also includes a 3/4 inch NPT tapping for connection of a purge air line.
- The C9707A is capable of detecting flames from a majority of burning fuels used in today's boilers and furnaces.
- Scanner testing (self-checking) feature allows verification of scanner operation by periodically interrupting the incoming flame radiation.
- Automatic gain control compensates for varying firing rates to decrease the risk of unwanted actuation caused by radiation from adjacent burners.
- Plug-in electronics package can be removed and replaced in seconds without disturbing wiring.
- Low impedance signal transmission from scanner to controller provides maximum transient immunity.
- Gasketed weatherproof enclosure allows outdoor installation.
- For use with R9107A Controller, see bulletin 65-8046.
- For use with 25SU3-2100 Controller, see bulletin CU-34.
- FM approved.
|ELECTRICAL||Power for the flame scanner is provided by the supervising flame controller.
Cables with a military connector are available in standard lengths.
|MECHANICAL||1 inch NPT to sight pipe, 3/4 inch NPT purge.|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE||-4°F to +160°F (-20°C to +71°C)|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||7 pounds (3.18 kilograms).|
|RESPONSE RANGE||UV: 185 to 265 nanometers. IR: 500 to 1000 nanometers|
|PURGE AIR RECOMMENDED||600 standard cubic feet per hour at 13 inches water column over furnace pressure.|