THE GAP AND CRACK ATTACKER
All of those gaps and cracks in the average home are letting heat and conditioned air leak out and unwanted air sneak in. Create greater comfort by sealing those openings with a heavy-duty, fire-blocking version of GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks.
This insulating spray foam sealant:
- Is applied with a foam-dispensing gun for greater precision and access to hard-to-reach places.
- Comes in a can that’s reusable for up to 30 days, minimizing waste (cans of straw-applied Gaps & Cracks can be used one time only).
- Sprays right into gaps and cracks up to 3" (25 mm) in diameter.
- Is a Fireblock sealant.
- Expands to fill the shape of the gap and crack and adheres to wood, vinyl, metal surfaces and other building materials.
- Forms a long lasting, airtight, water-resistant seal.
- Helps keep out moisture/condensation and allergens.
- Allows movement and shifting within a structure.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
It's easy to use because:
- It dries rigid and is tack-free within 3-10 minutes. 1
- You can scrape away any excess after 8 hours.
- It's orange colored for easy recognition.
- You can paint, stain or sand it.
- It's UL Classified.
1 70 ± 5 °F and 50 ± 5 %RH, 1 inch bead diameter, 6 inch length. Cure rate is dependent on temperature, humidity, and size of foam bead GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks.
DuPont Performance Building Solutions brings together the power of two construction leaders: DuPont™ Building Envelope Solutions and Dow Building Solutions.
Typical Physical Properties1 Of Great Stuff Pro™ Gap & Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant
|Property and Test Method||Value|
|Flexural Strength, ASTM C203, parallel to rise, psi (kPa), min.||8.8 (60.7)|
|K-factor (Thermal Conductivity) per inch (25mm), ASTM C518 @75°F (24°C) mean temp., Btu•in/ft2•hr•°F (W/m•°C), min.||0.26 (0.037)|
|Compressive Strength, ASTM D1621, parallel to rise, psi (kPa)||9.3 (64.1)|
|Apparent Core Density, ASTM D1622, pcf (kg/m3)||1.01 (16)|
|Dimensional Stability, ASTM D2126, % volume change
|Closed Cell Content, ASTM D2856, %||80|
|Tensile Strength, ASTM D1623, parallel to rise, psi (kPa)||14.4 (99.3)|
1 Not to be considered sales specifications
Estimated Yields for GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant
|Can Size, oz (g)||Delivery||Yield(2), linear feet (m)||Estimated Caulk Equivalency, |
|30 (850)||Gun||1,450 (442)||33|
2 Estimated yield under ideal conditions, 3/8" (1 cm) diameter bead.