This product is sold as a case of 12 units of 308900.
Dow FROTH-PAK Foam Sealant 308900 is a two-component, quick-cure polyurethane spray foam that fills cavities, penetrations, cracks and expansion joints. Unlike one-component foam, FROTH-PAK Foam Insulation is a chemically cured foam, significantly reducing curing time. It dispenses, expands and becomes tack-free in seconds. The product will skin over in 30-40 seconds and will cure in minutes.
Theoretical Yield (Board Feet)= 12 Board Feet (0.03 m3)
Spray Foam requirements are calculated in "Board Feet". A Board Foot is simply an area of cured foam measuring 12" x 12" x 1" thickness after curing. Example: if you have a surface that is 40' x 8' and want the foam 2" thick you would need 640 board feet (40x8x2 = 640). Confused how much spray foam you need? Give us a call: (888) 405-6064.
Froth-Pak 12 Kit includes:
- 1 Iso (A) can
- 1 Polyol (B) can
- 1 INSTA-FLOW™ spray dispensing gun with hoses
- 1 Shoulder strap assembly
- 3 Caulk white spray nozzles - 259211
- A professional use, 2-component polyurethane spray foam system typically used as a foam-insulating sealant to fill cavities, wall and floor penetrations, cracks, and expansion joints
- Chemical curing allows 2-part polyurethane foam to be dispensed, expand, and become tack-free in seconds
- It will skin over in 30-40 seconds and be completely cured in under 1 minute
- Froth-Pak 12 Spray Foam Sealant System includes: Iso (A) can, Polyol (B) can, thumb-controlled spray dispenser with hoses, shoulder strap assembly, 2 cone white spray nozzles (187918)
- Froth-Pak 12 is great for small jobs; yield is 12 board ft at 1 inch thickness
FROTH-PAK Foam Sealant can be used in interior or exterior commercial, residential, agricultural, industrial and institutional settings. If used in an exterior setting, a coating must be applied for ultraviolet (UV) protection. Typical commercial applications include spray polyurethane foam roof repair and sealing roof perimeters and parapet walls.
Residential uses include:
- Roof and wall junctions
- Wall and attic penetrations
- E lectrical, mechanical and plumbing penetrations
- Other gaps, cracks or crevices in the building envelope
NEED A SAFETY KIT?
If you would like to add an optional 3M safety kit to your Froth Pak package, simply select Add 3M Safety Kit from the product options and then Add to Cart. Your selections will be reflected on the check out page.
This 3M Safety Kit Includes:
- 3M Disposable Protective Coverall Safety Work Wear
- 3M Tekk Protection Nitrile Gloves
- 3M Half Facepiece Disposable Respirator Assembly, Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Respiratory Protection , Large - 5303
- 3M Safety Splash Goggle, Clear Anti Fog Lens - 334AF
DuPont Performance Building Solutions brings together the power of two construction leaders: DuPont™ Building Envelope Solutions and Dow Building Solutions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF FROTH-PAK™ FOAM SEALANT
These properties are typical but do not constitute specifications.
|Property and Test Method||Value*|
|Flame Spread/Smoke Developed,** ASTM E84/UL 723 @ 4" wide by 2" thick||≤25 / ≤450|
|Nominal Density, ASTM D1622, lb/ft³||1.75|
|R-Value (FROTH-PAK 12)
|Water Vapor Permeance, ASTM E96, perm @ 1" thick||3.13|
|Water Absorption, ASTM D2842, % by volume||5.44|
|Air Permeability, ASTM E2178 air leakage at 1" thick, l/min @ 75 Pa||0|
|Air Permeability, ASTM E283 air leakage at 0.5" thick, ft³/min•ft² @ 75 Pa||Value 2|
|Dimensional Stability, ASTM D2126, % volume change
Dimensional Stability, ASTM D2126, % volume change
158°F/100% RH @ 1 wk
158°F/100% RH @ 2 wks
-40°F/amb RH @ 1 wk
-40°F/amb RH @ 2 wks
|Compressive Strength, ASTM D1621, lb/in², parallel||23.4|
|Flexural Strength, ASTM C203, lb/in², parallel||22.7|
|Tensile Strength, ASTM D1623, lb/in², parallel||36|
|Shear Strength, ASTM C273, lb/in², parallel||12.7|
|Maximum Service Temperature, °F||240|
* Values may differ for FROTH-PAK™ 12 and specialty kits. Contact a Dow representative for more information.
** This numerical flame spread rating is not intended to reflect hazards presented by this or any other material under actual fire conditions.
*** R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power.