The AirCycler SE1-W SmartExhaust toggle switch is designed as a replacement for the bathroom fan and light switch, helping insure healthy indoor air quality as well as adequate bathroom ventilation. By using a microprocessor to monitor and control fan operation, a precise amount of ventilation can be provided.
There are two settings on the AirCycler SE1-W SmartExhaust toggle switch, ventilation and delay. Ventilation is the minutes per hour that you want the fan to operate. Delay is the number of minutes you want the fan to run after the bathroom light has been turned off. The delay time provides additional run time of the fan to complete ventilating the bathroom after use.
When a person enters the bathroom and turns on the light, the fan is also energized. After the person leaves the bathroom and turns the light out, the fan continues to run for the set delay time. In addition once an hour the fan is energized for the set ventilation time.
What makes the AirCycler SE1-W SmartExhaust toggle switch particularly unique is that the microprocessor monitors manual operation time and Delay time and subtracts it from the set hourly ventilation time. For example, with a 20 minute Ventilation setting and a 10 minute delay setting, a person enters the bathroom and uses it for 5 minutes. The fan will continue to run for another 10 minute delay time. That totals 15 minutes of run time for that hour. The microprocessor will subtract that 15 minutes of operation from the 20 minute set ventilation time and at the end of the hour, the fan will only run for 5 additional minutes.
Features & Benefits
- Works with ANY fan because it is NOT a solid state device
- Earn LEED and ENERGY STAR points for enhanced exhaust ventilation*
- Make standard bath fans ASHRAE 62.2 compliant*
- Replaces both fan and light switches for one easy operation
- Microprocessor technology provides precise ventilation times
- Programmable DELAY and VENTILATION settings
- Excess manual and/or delay operation is subtracted from the next hour's
- programmed ventilation time
- Works with ALL incandescent, CFL, fluorescent and LED lights
- Light: 450 Watts @ 120VAC (Blue Wire)
- Fan: 150 Watts @ 120VAC (Red Wire)
- Operation: 120 VAC 60hz ± 10%
- 2.5" minimum wall box recommended
- Cover plate not included
- Use any standard switch plate
- Move switch up to turn on the fan and light
- Move switch down to turn off the light. The fan will continue to run for a pre-set DELAY time (unless manually canceled)
- To cancel DELAY time for the toggle version, turn the switch off and back on again within three seconds.
- Within another three seconds, turn the switch off and the fan will shut off canceling the DELAY for that use.
- For the Rocker version, simply turn the switch off again after use.
- DELAY will not activate until the light/fan has been on for at least 10 seconds
- The fan will automatically come on once per hour for the pre-set VENTILATION time.
Any manual fan operation and DELAY operation will be subtracted from the pre-set VENTILATION time for that hour. If manual fan operation and DELAY operation exceed pre-set VENTILATION time, the excess time will be subtracted from the next hour's total VENTILATION time.
If the VENTILATION dial is set to 20 minutes/hour, the microprocessor will subtract 20 minutes from 60 minutes and determines that the SmartExhaust needs to come on 40 minutes into the hour and run for the remaining 20 minutes of that hour. If the DELAY dial is set to 10 minutes and the light/fan switch is manually turned on for 4 minutes, the microprocessor will keep track of the 4 minutes of use. When the switch is turned off after the 4 minutes, the microprocessor will continue to run the fan for the 10 minutes of DELAY setting adding up to a total of 14 minutes. The 14 minutes will be subtracted from the total required 20 minutes of VENTILATION time. 54 minutes into the hour, the fan will turn on and run for the 6 minutes needed to complete the required ventilation.