This listing includes both a white rocker switch and a black cover.
The SmartExhaust is a simple and economical solution to your exhaust ventilation needs.
The SmartExhaust is designed to replace bathroom fan and light switches and provide both functions with one easy operation. By using a microprocessor to monitor and control operation, the SmartExhaust delivers a precise amount of ventilation.
There are only two settings on the SmartExhaust: VENTILATION and DELAY. The VENTILATION setting allows the user to set the number of minutes per hour the fan should run. The DELAY setting allows the user to set the number of minutes the fan should run after the bathroom light has been turned off. The DELAY setting provides additional run time for the fan to complete the remaining necessary ventilation after use.
The SmartExhaust is so smart that if you don't want or need to run after use, you can cancel it with no programming required.
Features & Benefits
- Earn LEED and ENERGY STAR points for enhanced exhaust ventilation*
- Make standard bath fans ASHRAE 62.2 compliant*
- Replaces both fan and light switches for one easy operation
- Microprocessor technology provides precise ventilation times
- Programmable DELAY and VENTILATION settings
- Excess manual and/or delay operation is subtracted from the next hour's programmed ventilation time
- Works with ALL incandescent, CFL, fluorescent and LED lights
- Optional light and fan time out after 60 minutes
- Light: 450 Watts @ 120VAC (Blue Wire)
- Fan: 150 Watts @ 120VAC (Red Wire)
- Operation: 120 VAC 60hz ± 10%
- 2.5" minimum wall box recommended
- Cover plate not included
- Use any standard switch plate
- Move switch up to turn on the fan and light
- Move switch down to turn off the light. The fan will continue to run for a pre-set DELAY time (unless manually canceled)
- To cancel DELAY time for the toggle version, turn the switch off and back on again within three seconds.
- Within another three seconds, turn the switch off and the fan will shut off canceling the DELAY for that use.
- For the Rocker version, simply turn the switch off again after use.
- DELAY will not activate until the light/fan has been on for at least 10 seconds
- The fan will automatically come on once per hour for the pre-set VENTILATION time.
Any manual fan operation and DELAY operation will be subtracted from the pre-set VENTILATION time for that hour. If manual fan operation and DELAY operation exceed pre-set VENTILATION time, the excess time will be subtracted from the next hour's total VENTILATION time.
If the VENTILATION dial is set to 20 minutes/hour, the microprocessor will subtract 20 minutes from 60 minutes and determines that the SmartExhaust needs to come on 40 minutes into the hour and run for the remaining 20 minutes of that hour. If the DELAY dial is set to 10 minutes and the light/fan switch is manually turned on for 4 minutes, the microprocessor will keep track of the 4 minutes of use. When the switch is turned off after the 4 minutes, the microprocessor will continue to run the fan for the 10 minutes of DELAY setting adding up to a total of 14 minutes. The 14 minutes will be subtracted from the total required 20 minutes of VENTILATION time. 54 minutes into the hour, the fan will turn on and run for the 6 minutes needed to complete the required ventilation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.