3M Fire Block Foam FB-Foam, Orange, 12 Fluid Ounce, Aerosol Can, (Case of 12) - FB-FOAM_CASE_12
Foam-in-place fireblock FB-foam and draftstop for non-rated residential and commercial construction. Meets ASTM E 84 (mod) Class 1 for smoke spread and flame development and has been evaluated by the UL evaluation report ER9700-01. This fire resistant-sealant complies with the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC).
3M Fire Block Foam FB-Foam Features:
- Heat-resistant up to 240° F (115° C)
- ASTM E 84 Class 1 (modified)
- Draftstop - helps reduce air infiltration
- Thermal insulator - R-Value of 4 to 5 per inch typical
- Ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 5 minutes
- Expands to quickly and effectively seal openings
- Meets International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) Fireblocking Requirements
- Sag-resistant formulation
- Excellent adhesion - bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
- Minimal shrinkage
Tested as a Type V commercial and residential fireblock for non-rated construction. This fire-resistant sealant is used to help seal, fill, insulate and bond. Also acts as a draftstop to restrict air infiltration. This ready-to-use product expands to more effectively seal penetrations than traditional products that meet the modified ASTM E 814. Not to be used as a firestop in commercial construction.